In response to Kaiochao
Future Cop: LAPD. Pretty much the first good game I've ever played.
I originally got that game for the cooperative play, but the action/RTS mode they threw in on the side was pretty sweet. =)

As for my own choice, I picked up a used copy of Pitball (PS1) eons ago and still come back to it every once in a while. It's a futuristic sports game with cooperative play. I found out later that it got horrible reviews. However, while the load times suck, it's fun as frell.
In response to Fugsnarf
Oh gosh, I loved Mega Man Legends. I have very few memories of gaming at a really young age, but that game stands out sharply in my mind.
Carmageddon II was a game I found without ever seeing any advertisements or recommendations. I still enjoy that game to this day!

Transport Tycoon is another old favourite. But I haven't been able to make it work on Windows XP, so I can't play it.

Following TT came RollerCoaster Tycoon. I especially loved building incomplete roller-coasters and sending innocent people to their deaths. Or even torturing them by putting them on a small island with no seats or toilets and only junk food stands and watching them buy their weight in junk without any method of expelling waste.

Oh yes, I am that cruel.

Finally, Half Life is a game I found installed on the computer and figured I'd give it a go.

I found all these games either installed on the hard drive or their CD's laying around, with no prior knowledge of what they were. Fantastic set of games too. Shaped my life in ways I never thought possible.

Carmageddon II taught me that if I run people over in fast cars, I'll gain more time to live my life. Transport Tycoon taught me that crashing two trains together can be quite the interesting experience. RollerCoaster Tycoon taught me that sending people off really high structures at fast speeds or torturing people is more fun than any sport. And Finally, Half Life taught me that guns are just cool.

Now with that, I'm going to go torture kids and eat puppies. Back later!

That aside, they're great games, and I'd recommend giving them a go if you don't mind games from the 90s.
In response to Tiberath
If you're having trouble with Transport Tycoon, you may want to try:

http://www.openttd.org/en/

It's pretty true to the original game, and you can pick up a fair few (very very large) maps. I do recall my brother having a South America map that had cities of 20,000+ population and seriously large open expanses.
In response to Stephen001
Oh, thats very cool. I'm going to give that a spin =)
Stephen001 wrote:

It's pretty true to the original game, and you can pick up a fair few (very very large) maps. I do recall my brother having a South America map that had cities of 20,000+ population and seriously large open expanses.

Did I ever tell you I love you? Because I really do. That is a fantastic website. (And it's a fantastic game as well. =D)
Earthbound!
-Developed my love for RPGs. Then I got my hands on a few copies of Final Fantasy and it was all down hill..

Every few years or so I either dig up my SNES and play that game again from start to finish (or in the past couple years as my SNES stopped functioning) I grab the ROM and play it through on the compy. That game was amazing.

Btw: The reason I classify it as an 'Unknown' game is because while mostly everyone who plays the Wii knows what it is because of Super Smash Bros very few people have actually played it.
In response to AJX
Earthbound is quite unknown to most people. Even the people who have played smash brothers usually aren't aware of EarthBound. I'd give my 1st born for a 3D Mother compilation.
In response to Trosh Kubyo
http://mother3.fobby.net/
This is assuming your computer can run a N64 emulator, which isn't too hard but I figure I'd throw it out there. Oh, and I wont be needing your first born. Praise and worship will do. =D
In response to AJX
I already knew about that site. I never seen a beta rom for the unfinished Mother 64 game though on that site. Also, it would be unfinished, so I'd never want to play it.
Wow. I missed a few gaps of the Earthbound history. Damn I fail.

Anyway, I remember reading about EB 64 in nintendo power a lnog long long long time ago. I never realized that it was canceled, just thought it was not released int he US. I figured Mother 3 was EB 64, didn't realize that Mother 3 was for the GBA. I'ma stoopid. :S
In response to AJX
Someone managed to photoshop what the Mother series could look like in 3D awhile back and it looked really great. They used something like cell shading. They still might have the pictures in the bowels of their website somewhere.
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/2006/06/mother3gamecube.jpg

Google image search makes these things easy.
In response to Danial.Beta
Tomato Princess in the Salad Kingdom
That's right, I'm man enough to have enjoyed playing that game.
In response to Stupot
That was a good game! I used to get stuck so much in though in it. I also really hated that tomato kid.
Stephen001 wrote:

You monster! You unleashed a demon within me! I can't stop playing Transport Tycoon =(

When do we hit it up in multiplayer?
Bouncer by Squaresoft for the PS2
Goof Troop (SNES) and Super Bomberman (SNES) probably spawned my love of Co-op games.

Cool Spot (SNES), Super James Pond (SNES), and Elevator Action (GB) probably led to my love of platformers.

I also had a cool old train simulator game (Mac, Floppy disk), but I can't for the life of me remember its name.

But man, Super Nintendo rocked!
In response to DarkCampainger
Agreed, Super Nintendo did rock.
In response to DarkCampainger
I actually played all of those except for Elevator Action. Man Cool Spot was a weird game in it's own. Who would have thought the Sprite mascot Dot would have made a good character to have their own video game?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5