And another month's goal is reached. With six days to spare, lets hope the steady flow of donations keeps coming.
Hey guys, just wanted to add my own thanks for meeting the goal again this month. This really means a lot to me in particular and I'm glad I can continue serving this community.

Tom will post on the details soon enough, but I've been working the last few days on a project for BYOND 500 that should help some of the bigger games. You're not going to see this in beta just yet because I won't be around next week to work on it, but we definitely are planning some nice stuff for 500.

<plug>
Just a reminder, anyone who's so inclined can check out my books by visiting my blog (it's my home page link). If you're looking for some summer reading, you can get in the head of an ex-zombie, or follow the madcap adventures of a gem that wrecks probability and the hordes of villains out to get it.
</plug>
The Affix only Kindle >:( Buying the One Woke Up in a bit.
Shall i promote my book too :o

Oh I am really curious now what BYOND 500 is going to have :0...
A2J2TIWARI link me
:P
Volume I - The Final Volume. GG
In response to NNAAAAHH
NNAAAAHH wrote:
Volume I - The Final Volume. GG

WP.
Cloud Magic wrote:
Tom, Lummox, are you really going to accept all $3000 of that when there are homeless shelters that can't even put food in people's mouths? Maybe 1k of that should go towards a good cause, as that's quite a chunk of money.

With the way BYOND has been going the past 5 years, I wouldn't be surprised if Tom helped himself to those kind of services :(
Cloud Magic wrote:
Tom, Lummox, are you really going to accept all $3000 of that when there are homeless shelters that can't even put food in people's mouths? Maybe 1k of that should go towards a good cause, as that's quite a chunk of money.

I'd say that's the donator's decision, not yours.
There's always a new person giving ridiculous amounts of money to BYOND every month. I bet they're all alts of Teka. He's just too humble to keep giving money with his original account.
I'd say they deserve more, considering this has existed since 99/early 2000's and they've got barely anything in return for their creation. They deserve the donations.
uh wow do you see the guy that just gave 3.1k o.o
OMG the donation thing is actually genius

Fan games that make illegal money give the money back to BYOND as a donation, totally legally.

Nice.
$3000 is almost too generous and the cynical side of me believes it is illegitimate or a mistake, but I have contacted the benefactor to find out more information.
It's pure awesome is what it is.
I was not comfortable with the transaction for a few reasons, and I did not hear back from the benefactor regarding my concerns. And this is why I'm a bad businessman!
Tell the guy to spread those payments out over the rest of the year... so we can keep hitting our goal and Tom and Lummox are forced to give us tasty updates :D
So whats gonna happen for Byond's 15th anniversary?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 34 35 36