In response to Theosco
A built in proc that returns the value of where an atom on the map is on your screen.
This isn't aready in, is it?

mob/proc
GetScreenX(atom/A)
ASSERT(A && client && client.virtual_eye)
var/viewx
if(!A.loc)
return 0
if(isnum(world.view))
viewx = world.view
else
viewx = (text2num(copytext(world.view,1,findtext(world.view,"x")))+1)>>1
return (abs(A.x - client.virtual_eye:x) <= viewx) ? (A.x - client.virtual_eye:x + viewx + 1) : 0

GetScreenY(atom/A)
ASSERT(A && client && client.virtual_eye)
var/viewy
if(!A.loc)
return 0
if(isnum(world.view))
viewy = world.view
else
viewy = (text2num(copytext(world.view,findtext(world.view,"x")+1))+1)>>1
return (abs(A.y - client.virtual_eye:y) <= viewy) ? (A.y - client.virtual_eye:y + viewy + 1) : 0
In response to Theodis
Although to be safe, you'd want to use client.eye instead of src, in case client.eye != src. And client.virtual_eye would be even better than that. (You would of course need to make sure there was a client before trying to access client.anything.)
In response to Theodis
If the view is "15x7", you'll probably get an error from having a string in with the math.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
It's called Paint Shop Pro. Dream Maker's icon editor is made to serve basic needs only.

That's why someone requested the feature, because it barely serves the basic needs and someone would like to see this added. DM does more than "serve basic needs" in other areas, why not the icon editor?
In response to Theodis
I was actually wishing for a built in proc, but.. THAD WORK!
In response to Crispy
Although to be safe, you'd want to use client.eye instead of src, in case client.eye != src. And client.virtual_eye would be even better than that. (You would of course need to make sure there was a client before trying to access client.anything.)

Ok I updated it to take into account funky views and offset eyes :P. Happy now?
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
Aaiko wrote:
-Ability to make overlays and underlays have properties such as density.

Why on earth do you want this?

Easy multitile mobs without all the extra custom code.

-Ability to change one area tile in an area. Maybe have it set an index for each area tile so that you can change its propeties alone. It might defeat the purpose of the area, but would be great for weather effects and other area wide effects.

Not sure what you mean here... surely you can just use the turfs instead?

You can do this already, the same way sd_DynamicAreaLighting does it. Creat a new area, copy the vars that you want to keep from the old area, change the vars you want to change, and add the turf at that location to the new area's contents.

-Ability to use HTML in statpanels (if that is even possible).

Hopefully statpanels will be obsolete in 4.0. =)

Statpanels will still be there, for backwards compatibility if nothing else. I doubt statpanels will ever have HTML, but you can use the Stat() proc to create and manage your own HTML panels. I was working on a demo for that, but hit a snag with drag and drop between BYOND and Internet Explorer. I know it's possible, but I have to do a lot more digging for the details and it's a pretty low priority right now.
How about an extra DM option that would label every 10th line of code with the appropriate line number (much like the "Show Tabs" option)? This would make it a lot easier to track down runtime errors reported by debugging (instead of inserting errors and recompiling to figure out the line number).
In response to Gakumerasara
Gakumerasara wrote:
How about an extra DM option that would label every 10th line of code with the appropriate line number (much like the "Show Tabs" option)? This would make it a lot easier to track down runtime errors reported by debugging (instead of inserting errors and recompiling to figure out the line number).

Dream Maker has a "Go To" option that lets you choose which line number to go to. You can find it in the Edit menu, or just press Ctrl+G.
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:

client.virtual_eye isn't implemented in the public release yet, bucko. ;-)
In response to ShakerDeath
a more customized coding style
In response to OneFishDown
OneFishDown wrote:
That's why someone requested the feature, because it barely serves the basic needs and someone would like to see this added. DM does more than "serve basic needs" in other areas, why not the icon editor?

Sure, why not? Let's integrate a built-in virus scanner and Gameboy ROM emulator into DM while we're at it. </sarcasm>

DM is an IDE, not an image editor. Would you expect Microsoft Visual C++ to include a comprehensively full-featured image editor? No.
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
Easy multitile mobs without all the extra custom code.

Ah, silly me. I didn't think of that. =)

Statpanels will still be there, for backwards compatibility if nothing else.

Yeah, I'm not expecting them to disappear entirely... but hopefully there'll be better alternatives if we want to use them.

Spuzzum wrote:
client.virtual_eye isn't implemented in the public release yet, bucko. ;-)

Me and my big mouth. =P
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
OneFishDown wrote:

Sure, why not? Let's integrate a built-in virus scanner and Gameboy ROM emulator into DM while we're at it. </sarcasm>

DM is an IDE, not an image editor. Would you expect Microsoft Visual C++ to include a comprehensively full-featured image editor? No.

No. But then again, Microsoft Visual C++ doesn't have it's own image format where the IDE is the only place to create them in that format.
In response to Nick231
Nick231 wrote:
Crispy wrote:

No. But then again, Microsoft Visual C++ doesn't have it's own image format where the IDE is the only place to create them in that format.

Well then, why not work on figuring out the DMI format? You could work on a patch to some open source program(say, The GIMP), or make a converter from whatever file format to DMI. There's nothing stopping you.

Microsoft Visual C++ probably used to have file formats only it could edit, but then people decided they wanted another way, and worked on one.
In response to Jon88
Lummox JR already decoded the DMI format. Have at it! ;-)

[link]
In response to Spuzzum
My wishlist would be:

* A option to delete any of your own keys.

* A newer pager with a "quicker" response to when a player leaves and enters a game. And/or when someone has you on their list, make the response quicker when they log off and it doesn't keep their name in your pager.

* Make demo's and source codes only be allouded to be distributed with permission of an administartor (a way to get rid of rips, possibly) and a deletion of all source code "giveaways".

* Deletion of all rips and/or make all rips go to their own channels (Zeta rips go to the FanGames channel and etc.).
In response to Bloodyflames
Books and stuff to further help with the DM lanuage for slow people like me!
In response to Nyck
this is a modified version of nycks but whatever.
* A option to delete any of your own keys.

* Expired keys become available

* Deletion of all rips and/or make all rips go to their own channels (Zeta rips go to Ripped.Games channel.

* Forum Delete Thread option as if you started a thread you can delete it and close it like moderators if its *YOUR* Thread.
In response to OneFishDown
OneFishDown wrote:
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but making the icon editing area take up the whole screen would be nice, so that more than 15 icon states can fit on the screen.

Indeed! I'll look into that.

It would also be nice if there was a key that would take you from the icon state editor back to the previous page. Maybe that already exists and I just don't know about it.

Nope, nothing exists for this yet. When I first started editing I put in the Ctrl+Shift+P and +M macros for choosing an editing mode, but when I went to put in one for Backspace I was thrown a curve. This turns out to be a lot more difficult because of the way the windows were laid out. Still, this is high on my own wish list too, so I'm gonna do it at some point. (But this is actually a BYOND 3.x issue, since 4.0 will, Tom tells me, have a different editor.)

Lummox JR
Page: 1 2 3 4