I think there was a Scorched Earth variant for BYOND some years ago. Actually used icon operations to decimate the terrain. it was pretty slow. I'm thinking it was around the time of BYOND 3.2/3.3. I'm thinking it was either Spuzzum or Leftley that made it.
Leftley's Bombard
SSGX: That is so badass lol
Flick: Nice! Reminds me of flash games.
In response to Bravo1
Bravo1 wrote:
Worms BYOND? Anyone?

I was thinking about this earlier in the thread.
Just started playing around with it.. I came up with this :P
In response to Makeii
Looks great! :) I haven't dabbled into any of the v500 features but I plan to soon. I'd love to see the rest of this and mess around with it.
Kaizoku!

Kaizoku!

The compass is moving with animate() xDDD
(I know i could've find better lol...)
In response to Kidpaddle45
Kidpaddle45 wrote:

Well, the thing is, while animating a compass isn't quite as flashy as some of the other stuff shown in this thread, the truth is that it's probably much more useful to Joe Gamedeveloper than most of the other stuff.

It's actually the little effects like that that more games will benefit from. That and other little touches like smooth fade-ins and fade-outs, or basic rotations, scaling, and offset translations. And stuff like Enic's cool fireball projectile up there.

All of the little details that make the graphic presentation of a game that much smoother and more polished.
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
Kidpaddle45 wrote:

Well, the thing is, while animating a compass isn't quite as flashy as some of the other stuff shown in this thread, the truth is that it's probably much more useful to Joe Gamedeveloper than most of the other stuff.

It's actually the little effects like that that more games will benefit from. That and other little touches like smooth fade-ins and fade-outs, or basic rotations, scaling, and offset translations. And stuff like Enic's cool fireball projectile up there.

All of the little details that make the graphic presentation of a game that much smoother and more polished.

Well, thank you! I didn't dare and post a link of the lib, but if this can be usefull, here is a link to the library.

http://www.byond.com/developer/Kidpaddle45/Compas
Love the compass. That's some nice work.
Hearing this from you means a lot to me! =D

This is all possible thanks to your hard work, with Tom.
In response to Kidpaddle45
Kidpaddle45 wrote:
This is all possible efficient thanks to your hard work, with Tom.
To clarify on behave of Kaio, for others, the pre-500 alternative for something with that smooth of an angle would be to draw out every 1o. Or technically draw out 90 states and then rotate it using icon procs.
In response to Jittai
Jittai wrote:
To clarify on behave of Kaio,
behalf*

for others,
I use v500 too!

the pre-500 alternative for something with that smooth of an angle would be to draw out every 1o. Or technically draw out 90 states and then rotate it using icon procs.
You only need one state. The icon.Turn() proc works for all angles.
For others in clarifying. Technically I put my commas shifting the wrong segment "on behalf* of Kaio" should of had commas around it instead, so my bad for the confusion.

And icon turn always blurred or "broke" the icon's edges for me pre-500 if it wasn't 90,180, etc.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
the pre-500 alternative for something with that smooth of an angle would be to draw out every 1o. Or technically draw out 90 states and then rotate it using icon procs.
You only need one state. The icon.Turn() proc works for all angles.

Sure, if you want the result to look just terrible ;)
Oiii! Ya Jelly cuz I got a "Nice work" from Lummox! Leave me alone! Get ouuut!~
In response to Nadrew

Which one uses atom.transform, and which uses icon.Turn()?
(graphics hardware mode off because anti-aliasing makes it too obvious)

There's like, one minor flaw (easy workaround) that makes it super obvious, but yeah. Quality-wise, there's not much of a difference, excluding AA.

edit: Two lines of code later,

Hardware mode is still off (meaning atom.transform is not using anti-aliasing). This might make it more obvious.

edit 2: Two more lines of code later (and enabling graphics hardware mode),

It turns out icon.Turn() handles the alpha stuff differently, too, by not adding blackness to it.
Now downgrade to before 500 and use icon turn. :I
The compass is pretty interesting. I don't think I'd have any use for it ( at the moment, anyway ) but I'd imagine a lot of RPGs could make use of it, provided they have an "active quest" feature or something similar.

Good job, Kidpaddle.

But because we could have done this with icon.Turn(), I'm going to have to take back my praise. Sorry. :/
Page: 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19