In response to Kaiochao
Too late, I stolerd your codez. Now in my dbz gaem.
It's not a .gif it's a .webm!!
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3, with all your published work revolving around space-themed projects and some of the posts/previews you make of various projects throughout the years, how come you never tried to attempt a space exploration game with the elements of Research Facility Chiron and Andromeda? Would make a hell of a Mass Effect esque game. Building ships, politics, economics, with the ability to have space/land battles.
the feature creep is so real
You better finish this project, anti-l1gh7 54b3r.
In response to Maximus_Alex2003
Maximus_Alex2003 wrote:
D4RK3, with all your published work revolving around space-themed projects and some of the posts/previews you make of various projects throughout the years, how come you never tried to attempt a space exploration game with the elements of Research Facility Chiron and Andromeda? Would make a hell of a Mass Effect esque game. Building ships, politics, economics, with the ability to have space/land battles.

I would *soooo* contribute to such a project.

In response to AERProductions
what about mine? lol
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
Shoots looking good @Alien! You should really look into getting rid of Stat panels though.

If you want to help people get rid of statpanels, by all means! But for some projects or individuals making projects, such as this person (and me), it really isn't possible.
I suppose we lack the DM finesse to remove inputs/statpanels/etc. Unfortunately...
It's easy. Fade into black screen. Even a plain black screen and map text over would be better. You can put stuff on the clients screen. Than you can put buttons on the screen too. What I mean by buttons is objects that do a certain action when clicked. And bam your starting to get a better interface
I know about huds, but I don't want to use those. All of those require resources and are sometimes even objects, etc. Besides, my project is already setup and functions fine I don't need to change just for the sake of change. :)
It's change for ingenuity's sake. (:
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
It's change for ingenuity's sake. (:

Well for me, it is like asking to go from using an old-fashioned lawn mower to laser cutting the grass. Sure, its more efficient, precise and even time saving, but you cut down the neighborhood in the process!
Don't know if the analogy really works, but its what came to mind!
If anyone would like to assist me in making such a drastic change that would cripple my project, by all means. I've tried pursuing such a feat alone and I do not wish to endeavor to do so again.
On the verge of a public release (finally) of the first basic mode of the game, it would be a big setback to suddenly attempt to change the entire interface I have developed the game around. Which is why I'd rather release and deal with the mediocre, old programming and interface, than attempt to renew (since I, alone, cannot).
Interface is something that has to be made from the get-go. If you're not designing your game with the interface in mind (like micro-transactions) then trying to staple it on at the end gets increasingly difficult.
=/
Really disappointed my PayPal library isn't on this list. I guess it's too advanced for ya'll.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Really disappointed my PayPal library isn't on this list. I guess it's too advanced for ya'll.

I still need to look at it. :(

I do dislike using libs, but I'm curious about what you came up with. You generally tend to inspire me at times. :D

Edit: Libs on BYOND. I use libs for other languages.
"Demo" sorry not really a library.. Wrong terminology.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:

What are the features? I made an MD5 login utilizing mysql for my game but because I couldn't salt the passes and the encryption standard is weak I figured, why bother? More hassle then it was worth.
AERProductions wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:

What are the features? I made an MD5 login utilizing mysql for my game but because I couldn't salt the passes and the encryption standard is weak I figured, why bother? More hassle then it was worth.

There isn't any need to encrypt anything when PayPal handles it all.

The features include .. An online shop that has the ability to give users in game items/coin/anyhingyouwant with PayPal payments.

The items price can also be set in PayPal so no need to worry about people changing the price..
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
AERProductions wrote:
A.T.H.K wrote:

There isn't any need to encrypt anything when PayPal handles it all.

The features include .. An online shop that has the ability to give users in game items/coin/anyhingyouwant with PayPal payments.

The items price can also be set in PayPal so no need to worry about people changing the price..

Sounds interesting: while pondering price models I figured I would have to make some kind of system like this myself but now I can play with yours! I still haven't decided if I am going to sell in-game items, or how the pricing model works though so I don't need it at this time (for the time being my game will be free for the first few modes and for testing). I can't decide if I want the items to only be aesthetic or to actually give stat boosts. Also don't know if I want to do a subscription model or one time purchase.

I don't really care about money and I am not doing it for money so that is why I just settled with it being free for now (I don't want to have to pay taxes, thus I don't want an income, haha).
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7