Event Oct 31 2012, 7:00 pm
to Nov 30 2012, 7:00 pm
ID:1040974

sirenThis is not my contest! I am merely cross-posting this from the TIGSource forums as it is something BYOND developers can participate in.siren

TIGSource is hosting a free form competition from November 1st to December 1st. The only rules are that you must follow the theme, all work must be done during the month of the contest, and that your game must run on Win32 platforms (which BYOND does!)

The theme of the competition is Sports. We have a few sports games, though they're all really old so I'm not sure if there's much of a presence on BYOND anymore that enjoys or develops sports games. But this does appear to be something BYOND developers can enter, so I figured I'd make a thread about it.

The official thread for the competition can be found here.
I would compete if I had time, looks like a really fun contest though! (:
ok am making chess
chess am sport
< Hmm looks good.
I'm thinking about entering.. Sports is a really boring theme.
In response to Magnum2k
Dodgeball :) food fights?
I've always wanted to do a "Football Manager" game.
FOOTBALL = SOCCER. -_-'

If anyone's interested in helping,page me!
I wish there were time for me to do this. I've been wanting to open TIGsource's eyes to BYOND for some time now.
Nubudy interested? ._.
I'm a die hard sports fan. But I personally do not enjoy the process of making a sports game, I made one for BYOND in 2005 and it wasn't fun.

If I could possibly come up with something kooky, like the Streaker game somebody came up with on the TIGsource.com forums, then I'm in!
It's a bit late now, but I think someone should totally make a game like Toonami Arena in BYOND. Click the link if you have never heard of it. It plays online in shockwave. I mean it's about robots playing a high tech version of soccer! Now I'm not really a fan of sports video games, but I still think this is a cool concept. The difference in BYOND is that it could be multiplayer! It would also be perfect for the upcoming flash client. However, the game would likely require full pixel movement to work, so I don't know how efficient it could be made. The idea seems to be simple overall, and I think it could fit in quite well here at BYOND. I don't have the experience to just start putting something like that together, but I know that there are several developers who could.

What do you think of the idea? Would you play something like that if it were online and multiplayer?
I lost track of the contest; did anyone participate in this?
I want to make a football game (soccer), got like most of the art done - but no competent enough coders to put it together... :/