Day 5 - Gave up, downloaded Zeta source, edited myself in as admin. Will give GM for first place.
Day 5 -
Fell asleep on my keyboard.

Lots planned for days 6 & 7.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Day 5 - Gave up, downloaded Zeta source, edited myself in as admin. Will give GM for first place.

That's it, everyone, we've lost.
Day 5 - Just started. No art yet. But there's blood. Lots of blood. And pbags. More to come soon.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
No art yet.

But there's blood. Lots of blood.

So... The blood is... yours? some kind of sacrificial offering? only in your twisted fantasies? what?

:)

In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Day 5 - Just started.

Day 5 - Just started freezing dream seeker with my animate()s...
In response to Magicsofa
Magicsofa wrote:
Fugsnarf wrote:
Day 5 - Just started.

Day 5 - Just started freezing dream seeker with my animate()s...

I was beginning to run into crashes, and I noticed that the release notes for one of the last two versions (500.1213 or 500.1212) there was a bug fix with a note about "frequent appearance changes due to animate() would crash DS" (or something like that)

I updated to 1213 yesterday, and so far no crashes. I haven't put it to a stress test, though.
Yeah, I'm using 1213 as well and it's crashing without fail. I was trying to create an effect where wall turfs will jiggle around when something hits them:

Animate()
transform *= 0.75
animate(src, transform = null, time = 5, loop = 1, easing = ELASTIC_EASING)

It crashes with 10 objects that are bouncing back and forth between walls, and not particularly fast (maybe 5 to 8 animate() calls per second)
In response to Magicsofa
Why does this only work when it is in a separate proc? When I used it in mob/Bump(atom/o) and did all of that (except with o. before things, of course), it gave me a "no named args" runtime error, but when I moved it to a procedure contained by /atom, it worked just fine?
Teka updated the front page with some HTML phooey. Now we have a clock!
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
So... The blood is... yours? some kind of sacrificial offering? only in your twisted fantasies? what?

:)

The blood is just a particle effect when you shoot things. There's a lot of it. It's just red squares going everywhere. I made pbags as place-holder dummy enemies. And also as a joke.

Tonight was pretty productive. Per-pixel collisions means I can create slopes and not have to do a whole lot of fancy math.
turf
var
slope = 0.5
proc
get_slope(x)
return src.slope*x

Maths.
In response to Makeii
That looks great.

If you mentioned this kind of thing in Chatters instead of gotten offended by my asking "why you had to reinvent the wheel just to post a gif of the simplest square collisions," things would've gone smoother.

As for avoiding math, stop that.
Make the box tilt in the same slope as the slope. :o
In response to Jittai
Jittai wrote:

IMPOSSIBREEEWW
In response to Jittai
Jittai wrote:

Heh I wrote something like that for a java game before, where the landscape was polygonal and the objects moving along it would rotate to match the surface normal.

A bit of animation work done.

Kaio, -drop it.-
Day 6
Arcane Demonstration

"When times get rough , you always have ramen noodles!"
Just realized I wasted a week. Attempting to recover lost time, will see what I can salvage. My original idea was in no way going to cut it, and was just eating too much time.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16 17