Can we use alpha if the total number of blended colors at runtime is still 5 or less?
Me, Oondivinezin, and Magnum2k are joining as a team.
In response to DarkCampainger
Yes, but if it is possible to create more than 5 colors at runtime then you'll be disqualified. ):
Whaddya mean you'll be disqualified? Won't they just not get the points for that theme?
In response to Ishuri
If you happen to be using more than one theme, then you'll be okay!
In response to Ishuri
Well, you have to use at least one theme, so if you only use one and it's invalid... then you're out! I guess if you use multiple themes and at least one remains valid, you wouldn't be disqualified?

I think I'm just going to dither instead of risking it. I ran out of colors, anyways :P
I have a question, for the Small dimension theme are we allowed in game HUD windows?
In response to GreatFisher
Definitely.
I want to go for all 3 themes, but absolutely no violence is hard, at least for me it is, it basically sticks me with puzzle/sports/racing/boring games. I don't even know if I own a game with no violence (maybe from an indie bundle though). I'll probably go greyscale, since that's the easiest way to use only 5 colors, small window would fit well in a greyscale scheme too, I don't know about the no violence, I'll have to think hard for this...
I have a good idea for a game that covers all three themes.
My entry of course would be just for fun.
Does punching trees count as violence?
Yes.
Do not mind what he says, it is up to solely the judges on what constitutes violence, racing and non-combat sports are fine as long as features in the games aren't directly violent. (Like a tackle option in soccer)
Some common sports that I would classify as violent include American Football, Rugby, Wrestling, Martial Arts, Fencing.
In response to Kaiochao
Kaiochao wrote:
Does punching trees count as violence?

If you're trying to add log training to your entry, don't even think about it. That's my idea.
I'll join. No guarantees on a final entry, but I'll try.
Is "capturing" as an alternative to killing considered violence?
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
Is "capturing" as an alternative to killing considered violence?

I believe it all depends on how you're going to go about capturing a person. Certainly hitting somebody in the head with a baseball bat and tossing them in your trunk will not be considered non violent.
It's still very ambiguous where the violence-line is drawn.

Is implied violence legal? Like if characters "disappeared" in the game's story?
Or a character that is arrested and it is mentioned that he resisted, implying a physical takedown from the police?

What about non-hunting sports? Javelin? Markmanship?

What about cooking, with different knives? Tools?

Is Pokemon violent? There's technically no weapons or killing or bleeding or physical injury.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
It's still very ambiguous where the violence-line is drawn.

Is implied violence legal? Like if characters "disappeared" in the game's story?
Or a character that is arrested and it is mentioned that he resisted, implying a physical takedown from the police?

What about non-hunting sports? Javelin? Markmanship?

What about cooking, with different knives? Tools?

Is Pokemon violent? There's technically no weapons or killing or bleeding or physical injury.

I can't say for sure about implied violence, nor about Javelin/Marksmanship, since he writes no weapons. Cooking would be fine I assume, knives are tools before weapons (cooking knives at least). And pokemon is violent, it's rating says mild cartoon violence.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16 17