ID:186541

I am quite upset, the byond staff said there may be alternative payment methods to those without paypal. Well, as of now we have 6 days until our trial goes out and we can only pay with paypal. This is ridiculous, why should I have to use my parents credit card and use paypal? Ludicrous, thanks for being sell outs.

~>Jiskuha
Same here I dont trust papal and I never will. I need a address to send money to, I will be glad to go and pay more then 15 dollars as soon as they give the adress which I want before the trial to be done.
I am quite upset, the byond staff said there may be alternative payment methods to those without paypal. Well, as of now we have 6 days until our trial goes out and we can only pay with paypal. This is ridiculous, why should I have to use my parents credit card and use paypal? Ludicrous, thanks for being sell outs.

When setting up my paypal account earlier today it looked like you could set it up with a bank account too not to mention you could also use a check card rather than a credit card. So I don't really see the problem. Regardless how are they sell outs :P?
Hmmm.....It says I still have 12 days left on my trial. where does it tell you you have 6??
Of course, would also appreciate thew ability to send it through snail-mail. I'd gladly double the normal amount.
Right now all we can accept is PayPal, we don't have a solid method of doing postal stuff quite yet. (Waiting for Tom to come back, I believe). As for other stuff it'll take more time and research before we can set those up. Don't worry, it's coming.
In response to Nadrew
Why dont people want to use paypal?

http://www.paypalsucks.com
Jiskuha wrote:
I am quite upset, the byond staff said there may be alternative payment methods to those without paypal. Well, as of now we have 6 days until our trial goes out and we can only pay with paypal.

You may trust we want to provide as many ways for people to purchase membership as we can. In this case we need to decide on how we can reliably handle other methods of payment, and since Tom is out of town we need to wait until we can discuss that with him.
In response to Deadron
Then could you at least make a sign up page that acts like a raincheck? If you are already on the trial membership and sign it before that runs out, you can get the early bird special; something like that.

People like me can't pay through paypal easily. I keep all my money (what little of it that there is, since it gets used up nearly as fast as it comes in) safe myself, meaning no bank, and I don't have a credit card or any other sort of card that I would need for that matter. My sister does have an account I can leach off of if it comes to that, but I doubt the rest of the Byond community without Paypal accounts and access to them have a nearby sister with it; so that applies only to me.
In response to Shades
I've been using PayPal for over two years and never had nor heard of any problems personally. They are basically an online bank, so of course they aren't going to refund you if you go out and mess something up. It would be like you going to your bank and going "I signed up for a fake magazine and they robbed me of $20 and I want it back!".

Most people don't think of PayPal as a bank, but more as a company. Your means with them is nothing more than transferring money, just like a debit card at your bank.

Then again, watch me be wrong and PayPal take over the world <_<
In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
SSJ2GohanDBGT wrote:
Then again, watch me be wrong and PayPal take over the world <_<

They have big rivals, if that's their goal. Mostly the Flat Earth Society with its monopole on time travel which I explained in another post. Then there is Microsoft for them to deal with as well.

Seriously now, banks do have a large amount of control over things. They are the fulcrum of the economy for one, and they literally own the money for another.

Did you know that the US government doesn't even own the nation's stock of gold anymore? It was sold to the banking system. I know I was surprised when I read that in an economics book.
Ever tryed a prepayed credit card (basicly a visa gift card), transfer the funding into paypal.
In response to Loduwijk
Loduwijk wrote:
Then could you at least make a sign up page that acts like a raincheck? If you are already on the trial membership and sign it before that runs out, you can get the early bird special; something like that.

If we're able to accept payment through non-PayPal methods, we'll make sure that people who couldn't pay through PayPal can still get the extended time.
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
If we're able to accept payment through non-PayPal methods, we'll make sure that people who couldn't pay through PayPal can still get the extended time.

Whew, I hope you will let us do this. I can not pay with pay pal and I don't want my Member page to disappear before I get a chance to pay. X.x
In response to InuTracy
Your member page won't disappear, at least not immediately; you just won't be able to change it, and your favourite games will not contribute towards the rankings. At least, that's how I understand it. =)
In response to Loduwijk
Question - Why don't you use a bank...you can invest your money!
In response to Sniper Joe
Actully, PayPal is a bunch of +bleeps+. I know, from persaonl expierance, when someone found my wallaet and used my compnay debit/credit card, that they have quite a bit of control over these things.

I was reimbursed my money, and the person was found.

Not only that, there were a few.. *cough* sites i am subscribed to Online, when I cancled my account, they were still charging me, my Bank called me, and asked me if I want to allow the transaction to happen or not.

It hasnt happened to me, but one day my friend turned around, and his account was forzen on PayPal, and it took him over 6 months to get it all worked out and get his money back.

Just because it hasnt happened to you, dosent mean it hasnt happened to other people, or wont happen to you.